Tuesday, July 22, 2014

It's that time of year again

It's summer.  Blue skies, warm weather, feeling like you're in a FUCKING OVEN ALL THE TIME.  Yes, I hate summer.  A lot. 


I moved to Oregon because I was promised 280 days of clouds a year.  280 days.  I feel totally ripped off.  Another major thing I hate about the summer is my birthday.  Another year older, another year closer to spinsterhood and owning six hundred cats.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  I'm actually looking forward to it in a way.  I will be an awesome old lady.

See?  They love me already!  I only need 598 more of them to be complete!
Getting to the point, to celebrate my birthday Les Recidivists will be free this weekend (July 26-27) so please pick up a copy at Amazon.com if you haven't already.  I'll just be over here eating massive amounts of ice cream cake.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! I miss the NW so much. I feel your heat misery, but I up you humidity. #florida :)

    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity today so I think you're on to something. Happy Birthday and thanks for the present!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Debra! I feel so sorry for you with that humidity. Yuck!

      Delete