Tuesday, August 12, 2014

And now for something completely different...

Okay, not completely different but it's always nice to reference Monty Python.



Anyway, I've been hard at work on this spinoff book, which I'm really excited about.  I was planning to get book three of Chance Assassin out beforehand, but things haven't turned out that way.  This character popped up out of nowhere while I was working on Les Recidivists and he did end up in the book just briefly.  Then the first draft of this spinoff was done within a few months of publishing Les Recidivists, and now it's getting a couple additional changes before it'll be off to beta readers.

There are a few minor spoilers here about Les Recidivists, so if you haven't read it you may want to turn back now.

This character appears as an anonymous sniper in Les Recidivists.  He has origins within the assassination empire that Angelo Silva helped form, but unlike Frank or Bella, he didn't start out as a criminal.   His story takes place mostly during the interim between the books of the Chance Assassin series, and it's a bit different than my usual as it's told in two mostly linear narratives.

That's all I'm giving away now, but it will almost certainly be out later this year.  I'll keep you updated once I have an official title and all the rest of it.  Until then...I must get back to killing.  Frank and Vincent have a whole book to work through.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment